This course teaches the proper use of energy-isolating devices in accordance with an established procedure to insure energy cannot be transferred to the target equipment causing unexpected start up and injuring employees. Failure to have or follow a LOTO program is a leading cause of amputations.
Who needs this course?
This course is required of all employees where equipment is operated where any parts are placed in motion. This course will target two specific workers. Affected worker jobs would require them to operate the equipment or have a job where the operation of the equipment would directly affect their job activities. The Authorized employee would be the employee locking the equipment out to work on the equipment, adjust, service or relocate the equipment.
- How to set up a LOTO program
- Methods of locking out controls
- Steps for locking equipment out
- Steps for re-energizing equipment
- Tag requirements for tagout programs
- General lockout guidelines including group lockout
- Sample form for a LOTO procedure
1 Hour for Affected Employee
1 Additional Hour for Authorized Employee
No quiz is given for the affected employee training. A quiz is recommended for the authorized employee training
* CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: In order to receive a refund for a course, you must notify the designated Employer Advantage instructor and withdraw from the class 5 business days prior to the training event. If a scheduled class has less than the minimum number of enrollees or weather conditions make travel unsafe, Employer Advantage will cancel the class and refund any fees previously paid by the enrollee. All refunds will be in the form of a check.
For Employer Advantage PEO clients, if you fail to withdraw an employee from a class at least 5 business days prior to the training event, you will be invoiced the non-client employee price.
Contact us if you have any questions, the dates for the course you are interested in are not currently showing, or if you would like group and onsite pricing. Thank you.
We’d be honored to provide you with the freedom to succeed.
- Free strategic assessment of your business needs
- Quick and easy account setup and seamless transitions
- Urgent Requests | Please Call: Toll Free 800.467.3909