General Asbestos Awareness 1-Hour
This is a non-certified awareness class. This is not an asbestos remediation class. OSHA’s general industry regulation 29 CFR 1910.1001, Occupational Exposure to Asbestos, requires that all employees who could come into contact with materials that might contain asbestos be given appropriate training on working safely with asbestos materials.
OSHA’s construction standard 29 CFR 1926.1101 establishes four classes of construction work involving asbestos. Classes I – III work involves installing or disturbing materials that might contain asbestos. These employees should attend an asbestos remediation training course.
Who needs this course?
Asbestos Awareness has been created specifically to educate all employees about the dangers of working with materials that may contain asbestos.
- Hazards of asbestos.
- OSHA’s Asbestos Standard.
- Types of materials that may contain asbestos, and where they are encountered.
- How to protect yourself when disturbing a material that may contain asbestos.
Course Credit & Completion
There is no testing required for this informational course.
* CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: In order to receive a refund for a course, you must notify the designated Employer Advantage instructor and withdraw from the class 5 business days prior to the training event. If a scheduled class has less than the minimum number of enrollees or weather conditions make travel unsafe, Employer Advantage will cancel the class and refund any fees previously paid by the enrollee. All refunds will be in the form of a check.
For Employer Advantage PEO clients, if you fail to withdraw an employee from a class at least 5 business days prior to the training event, you will be invoiced the non-client employee price.
Contact us if you have any questions, the dates for the course you are interested in are not currently showing, or if you would like group and onsite pricing. Thank you.
We’d be honored to provide you with the freedom to succeed.
- Free strategic assessment of your business needs
- Quick and easy account setup and seamless transitions
- Urgent Requests | Please Call: Toll Free 800.467.3909