Falls are among the most common causes of serious work related injuries and deaths. Employers must set up the work place to prevent employees from falling off of overhead platforms, elevated work stations or into holes in the floor and walls. OSHA requires that fall protection be provided at elevations of four feet in general industry workplaces and six feet in the construction industry. In addition, OSHA requires that fall protection be provided when working over dangerous equipment and machinery, regardless of the fall distance. All fall protection products fit into four functional categories. 1. Fall Arrest; 2. Positioning; 3. Suspension; 4. Retrieval.
Who needs this course?
Any employer that places an employee in a situation that requires a fall arrest system has to provide and train the employee in the proper use of the fall arrest system, as well as employers trying to determine which type of fall protection is best for their business and activities. Employees observed not using fall protection when required or using it improperly are recommended to attend a retraining class
- Hardware selection
- Equipment inspections
- Taking a used unit out of service
- Equipment limitation
- What lanyard is appropriate
- Cleaning and storage
- Course Credit
This is a multi-level class. A classroom period is required and a skills activity is recommended.
A written exam is available to verify knowledge and understanding. It is also recommended to have actual fall protection available for hands on demonstations.
* CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: In order to receive a refund for a course, you must notify the designated Employer Advantage instructor and withdraw from the class 5 business days prior to the training event. If a scheduled class has less than the minimum number of enrollees or weather conditions make travel unsafe, Employer Advantage will cancel the class and refund any fees previously paid by the enrollee. All refunds will be in the form of a check.
For Employer Advantage PEO clients, if you fail to withdraw an employee from a class at least 5 business days prior to the training event, you will be invoiced the non-client employee price.
Contact us if you have any questions, the dates for the course you are interested in are not currently showing, or if you would like group and onsite pricing. Thank you.
We’d be honored to provide you with the freedom to succeed.
- Free strategic assessment of your business needs
- Quick and easy account setup and seamless transitions
- Urgent Requests | Please Call: Toll Free 800.467.3909