EMPLOYEE ACCESS TO MEDICAL RECORDS
This course is for employers that are unsure of significant employee rights under OSHA regulation 29 CFR 1910.1020. Employees have the right to access medical records relating to their employment. Failure to comply with this OSHA regulation may result in fines if an employee files a complaint for non-compliance. These same regulations impose significant employer obligations to retain these records for periods of time well past the end of the employment relationship and to make them available to former employees. In addition, such records may be accessed by the employee’s legal representative, including union representatives, under certain conditions.
Who needs this course?
If you are an employer or an employee who has possible exposure to, or uses toxic substances or other harmful physical agents at your work site, you need to know your rights and responsibilities under OSHA’s standard for Exposure Medical Records. Title 29 CFR Part 1910.1020 This class is a 45 minute class with an open end to allow for questions
- What is an employee representative
- What type of records can be accessed and by whom
- As an employer, what do I need to know
- Do employer have to make all records available
- What if I do not have records for a particular employee
- How long do I need to keep records
- What if I go out of business
- What if I operate in a state with its own safety plan
There is no testing required for this informational course
* CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: In order to receive a refund for a course, you must notify the designated Employer Advantage instructor and withdraw from the class 5 business days prior to the training event. If a scheduled class has less than the minimum number of enrollees or weather conditions make travel unsafe, Employer Advantage will cancel the class and refund any fees previously paid by the enrollee. All refunds will be in the form of a check.
For Employer Advantage PEO clients, if you fail to withdraw an employee from a class at least 5 business days prior to the training event, you will be invoiced the non-client employee price.
Contact us if you have any questions, the dates for the course you are interested in are not currently showing, or if you would like group and onsite pricing. Thank you.
We’d be honored to provide you with the freedom to succeed.
- Free strategic assessment of your business needs
- Quick and easy account setup and seamless transitions
- Urgent Requests | Please Call: Toll Free 800.467.3909