This course will cover the general basics of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs) as it applies to the trucking industry today. Through this course you will gain the understanding of what is required to be in compliance with the Federal Regulations pertaining to Part 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
As an employer, it is your responsibility to comply with all state and federal laws pertaining to transportation upon public roadways.
Who needs this course?
Anyone operating a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GWVR) or gross combination weight rating (GCWR) of 10,001 lbs. or more operating in commerce, is subject to the safety regulations.
- Commercial motor vehicles that fall under the safety regulations
- Define the types of operations (interstate vs. intrastate / private vs. for-hire)
- How to apply common exemptions that might exist
- Identify rules to which you may be subject
- Understand the federal and state rules and how to comply
- Learn good safety habits
- New Hours-of-Service updates
- CSA and how it affects your operations
- Recordkeeping requirements
- Course Credit & Completion
There is no testing required for this informational course.
* CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: In order to receive a refund for a course, you must notify the designated Employer Advantage instructor and withdraw from the class 5 business days prior to the training event. If a scheduled class has less than the minimum number of enrollees or weather conditions make travel unsafe, Employer Advantage will cancel the class and refund any fees previously paid by the enrollee. All refunds will be in the form of a check.
For Employer Advantage PEO clients, if you fail to withdraw an employee from a class at least 5 business days prior to the training event, you will be invoiced the non-client employee price.
Contact us if you have any questions, the dates for the course you are interested in are not currently showing, or if you would like group and onsite pricing. Thank you.
We’d be honored to provide you with the freedom to succeed.
- Free strategic assessment of your business needs
- Quick and easy account setup and seamless transitions
- Urgent Requests | Please Call: Toll Free 800.467.3909