Cold Weather Conditions Safety
The Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act) requires employers to comply with hazard-specific safety and health standards. In addition, pursuant to Section 5(a)(1) of the OSH Act, employers must provide their employees with a workplace free from recognized hazards likely to cause death or serious physical harm. Emergency Preparedness Guides do not and cannot enlarge or diminish an employer’s obligations under the OSH Act.
Emergency Preparedness Guides are based on presently available information, as well as current occupational safety and health provisions and standards. The procedures and practices discussed in Emergency Preparedness Guides may need to be modified when additional, relevant information becomes available or when OSH Act standards are promulgated or modified. This is not one of the OSHA required annual training classes.
Who needs this course?
Anyone working in a cold environment may be at risk of cold stress. Some workers may be required to work outdoors in cold environments and for extended periods. For example, snow cleanup crews, sanitation workers, police officers and emergency response and recovery personnel, like firefighters, and emergency medical technicians. Cold stress can be encountered in these types of work environment. This course will help workers understand what cold stress is, how it may affect their health and safety, and how it can be prevented.
- What are cold stress factors
- How the body responds to cold stress
- What are common cold induced illnesses
- What is hypothermia
- Course Credit
There is no test required in this informational course
* CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: In order to receive a refund for a course, you must notify the designated Employer Advantage instructor and withdraw from the class 5 business days prior to the training event. If a scheduled class has less than the minimum number of enrollees or weather conditions make travel unsafe, Employer Advantage will cancel the class and refund any fees previously paid by the enrollee. All refunds will be in the form of a check.
For Employer Advantage PEO clients, if you fail to withdraw an employee from a class at least 5 business days prior to the training event, you will be invoiced the non-client employee price.
Contact us if you have any questions, the dates for the course you are interested in are not currently showing, or if you would like group and onsite pricing. Thank you.
We’d be honored to provide you with the freedom to succeed.
- Free strategic assessment of your business needs
- Quick and easy account setup and seamless transitions
- Urgent Requests | Please Call: Toll Free 800.467.3909