This course is designed to familiarize the participant with the hazards associated with bloodborne pathogens. Bloodborne pathogens are bacteria and viruses that live in blood and other bodily fluids. These bacteria and viruses include things like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, malaria, and a host of other pathogens including the Ebola* virus. Participants will learn how to keep themselves, their coworkers, their friends, and their family safe from exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Participants will learn about Universal Precautions necessary in the cleaning and disposal of contaminated and materials.
This course has two levels of training. The general awareness class is for all employees and the advanced class is for health /medical providers along with care facilities and care givers.
Who needs this course?
This is an OSHA required class that is required of all new hires and all employees on an annual basis.
Bloodborne Pathogen Basics
- Intro to BBP
- Transferring Pathogens
- Who is at Risk?
How to Protect Yourself
- Emergency Number
- Universal Precautions
- Preventative Work Practices
Post Exposure Basics
- Reporting Exposures
- The Decontamination Process
- Disposing of Biohazard Materials
- Employee Rights
- OSHA Reporting-300 Log
- OSHA Reporting-Sharps Log
The general awareness class is 1-hour credit
The advanced class is 2-hours credit
The general awareness class does not have testing
The advanced class does have a testing procedure available.
* CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: In order to receive a refund for a course, you must notify the designated Employer Advantage instructor and withdraw from the class 5 business days prior to the training event. If a scheduled class has less than the minimum number of enrollees or weather conditions make travel unsafe, Employer Advantage will cancel the class and refund any fees previously paid by the enrollee. All refunds will be in the form of a check.
For Employer Advantage PEO clients, if you fail to withdraw an employee from a class at least 5 business days prior to the training event, you will be invoiced the non-client employee price.
Contact us if you have any questions, the dates for the course you are interested in are not currently showing, or if you would like group and onsite pricing. Thank you.
We’d be honored to provide you with the freedom to succeed.
- Free strategic assessment of your business needs
- Quick and easy account setup and seamless transitions
- Urgent Requests | Please Call: Toll Free 800.467.3909